The five take-back locations in Sheboygan County will be open to accepting unused medications from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM:
- Sheboygan – St. Nicholas Hospital, 3100 Superior Ave. Sheboygan, 53081
- Howards Grove – Village Hall, 913 South Wisconsin Dr., Howards Grove
- Oostburg – Oostburg High School, 410 New York Ave., Oostburg
- Plymouth – Generations, 1500 Douglas Dr., Plymouth, 53073
- Random Lake – Fire Department, 718 Spring St., Random Lake
If Sheboygan County residents are unable to make it to one of the Drug Take Back Day locations, unused medications can also be dropped off any day at one of the permanent medication drop-boxes, located at five police departments throughout Sheboygan County:
- Elkhart Lake Police Department, 40 Pine Street, Elkhart Lake
- Kohler Police Department, 319 Highland Drive, Kohler
- Plymouth Police Department, 128 Smith Street, Plymouth
- Sheboygan Police Department, 1315 N. 23rd Street, Sheboygan
- Sheboygan Falls Police Department, 375 Buffalo Street, Sheboygan Falls
All waste pharmaceuticals must be generated by a household.
No businesses are allowed.
Bring: Prescription (controlled and non-controlled) and over-the-counter medications, ointments, patches, inhalers, non-aerosol sprays, creams, vials and pet medications.
Do Not Bring: Illegal drugs, needles/sharps, acids, aerosol cans, bio-hazardous materials (anything containing a bodily fluid or blood), personal care products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, sunscreens), household hazardous waste (paint, pesticides, oil, gas), mercury thermometers.
- Participants may dispose of medication(s) by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into a disposal box or into a clear sealable plastic bag. Plastic pill containers should not be collected. Blister packages without the medications being removed are acceptable.
- Liquids will be accepted during this initiative. However, the liquids, creams and sprays must be in their original packaging and their weight evenly distributed within the boxes of collected solid prescription medications. Liquids without the original packaging will not be accepted.
- Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative and should not be placed in collection containers.