All waste pharmaceuticals must be generated by a household – no businesses are allowed.
Bring: Prescription (controlled and non-controlled) and over-the-counter medications, ointments, patches, inhalers, non-aerosol sprays, creams, vials and pet medications.
Do Not Bring: Illegal drugs, needles/sharps, acids, aerosol cans, bio-hazardous materials (anything containing a bodily fluid or blood), personal care products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, sunscreens), household hazardous waste (paint, pesticides, oil, gas), mercury thermometers.
- Participants may dispose of medication(s) by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into a disposal box or into a clear sealable plastic bag. Plastic pill containers should not be collected. Blister packages without the medications being removed are acceptable.
Liquids will be accepted during this initiative. However, the liquids, creams and sprays must be in their original packaging and their weight evenly distributed within the boxes of collected solid prescription medications. Liquids without the original packaging will not be accepted.
- Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative and should not be placed in collection containers.
The five take-back locations in Sheboygan County will be open to accept unused medications from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM:
- Howards Grove – Village Hall, 913 South Wisconsin Dr., Howards Grove
- Oostburg – Oostburg High School, 410 New York Ave., Oostburg
- Plymouth – Generations, 1500 Douglas Dr., Plymouth, 53073
- Random Lake – Fire Department, 718 Spring St., Random Lake
- Sheboygan – St. Nicholas Hospital, 3100 Superior Ave. Sheboygan, 53081