200 S Pier Dr
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Take advantage of our bike corrals!
They are free of charge and includes strollers and wagons!
Independence Day (July 4th) Traffic Restrictions:
- Following the Independence Day Parade, Broughton Drive will remain closed to vehicle traffic and parking will be prohibited from Michigan Avenue south to Wisconsin Avenue for the safety of pedestrians and the lakefront activities.
- Parking will be prohibited along the north side of Pennsylvania Avenue from N. 8 Street west to N. 14 Street all day to provide two lanes of westbound traffic leaving from the lakefront
After the Fireworks…
- Traffic flow will be restricted at the Rotary Intersection at S 8th Street and Indiana Avenue. There will be no northbound traffic allowed on S 8th Street from the round-about intersection.
- All traffic coming south across the 8th Street Bridge will ONLY be allowed to proceed WEST on Indiana Avenue from the round-about intersection.
- All traffic coming out of South Pier Drive will ONLY be allowed to proceed SOUTH on S 8th Street from the round-about intersection.
- There will be no eastbound traffic permitted on Pennsylvania Avenue beyond 14th Street.
– If you view the fireworks from north of the Sheboygan River and have to get back to the south side, we suggest leaving west on Pennsylvania, Erie or Superior Avenues, and using 14th Street or Taylor Drive to go south.
– If you view the fireworks from south of the Sheboygan River and have to get back to the north side, we suggest turning west on Georgia Avenue or Broadway Avenue to reach South Business Drive and turn north.
We will attempt to have officers manning the traffic lights on 14th Street to facilitate movement. Remember that everyone wants to leave at once and that is just not going to happen. Please be patient, and watch for pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
Other City Ordinances:
– Fireworks: The possession and use of Fireworks is PROHIBITED in the City of Sheboygan. Enjoy the official fireworks display, but save yourself an expensive fine and do not bring your own fireworks into the City.
– Alcohol: Alcohol possession and consumption is PROHIBITED ON ANY BEACH area in the City. Alcohol may be possessed and consumed on the area of Deland Park that is south of the pier (the vendor area), and on the grass area of King Park. No person may possess any glass container within any City of Sheboygan park.
-Pets are prohibited in all city parks and beaches except those designated and posted as being either on-leash or off-leash, Sec. 18-15. This includes that pets are prohibited in both Deland and King Parks and their beaches.
– Bonfires: Recreational Fires are allowed along the Lake Michigan shoreline from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Fires can be no larger than 36 inches in diameter and 18 inches high. Recreational fires can be wood-fueled only and must be at least 20 feet from any structure. To assist with beach cleanup, we ask that fires NOT be buried at the end of the evening. Fires may be extinguished with water or left safely to burn out. Burying fires will cause injuries.
– Excavation: No person may construct any pit or excavation in any public beach area.
– Boats and Watercraft: Boats and Watercraft must remain clear of public beaches.
We wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July!