The City of Sheboygan has modified its ordinance to allow the rental and use of Bird Scooters in the city. Please take some time to learn about regulations and best practices to help ensure that scooters are a positive addition to the city and to keep pedestrians and riders safe:
- Scooters will only be operational from 4 AM to 12 Midnight.
- They must be operated in the roadway or on recreational trails, and only on roads with a 25 MPH speed limit or less. Operation on the sidewalk (other than to park), boardwalk and north and south pier is prohibited.
- They must be parked upright and out of the way of pedestrian and vehicle traffic. They may not block access to parking meters, and may be parked in the roadway only where there is no sidewalk, as long as they do not obstruct traffic or parking.
- Scooter riders should wear a helmet whenever possible.
- Drivers of other vehicles should be especially careful when scooters are in the vicinity.
Any scooter violations are subject to a fine of $25.00.