The Sheboygan Police Department is currently not hiring.
The mission of the Sheboygan Police Department is to:
- Fight crime, the fear of crime and disorder.
- Enforce Laws while safeguarding the constitutional rights of all people.
- Provide quality service to all our residents and visitors; and
- Create a work environment in which we recruit, train and develop an exceptional team of employees.
The successful applicant for a position in our agency has the following characteristics:
- A person of character-maintains integrity, demonstrates humility
- Put people first- shows concern and care
- A skilled communicator-shows empathy, invites feedback , and is persuasive
- Acts with compassion- expresses appreciation, builds teams, negotiates conflict
- Has foresight- visionary, creative, courageous and decisive
- Systems thinker-comfortable with complexity, adaptive, considers a “greater good”
- Leads with moral authority- accepts responsiblity, shares control, accountable
We look for candidates who have a proven leadership record, and who demonstrate leadership qualities such as the ability to perservere through difficult challenges. Specifically, we look for evidence of:
- Demonstrated Past Achievement
- Perserverance in the face of challenges
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- High level of initiative
- Problem solving and organizational ability
- Desire to work relentlessly in pursuit of our mission
If you are in need of further assistance, please see the following contact:
Human Resources Manager, Sandy Rohrick
City of Sheboygan
828 Center Avenue
Sheboygan, WI. 53081
Phone: (920) 459 -3373
Fax: (920) 459-0232